Tuesday, 13 June 2017
The Event!! 7th May 2017
Well today was the day of the event and what a blast it was, although it could have been better for our team college cowboys it was still a great event held by all and a great amount raised for a worthy cause!! So today the weather was definitely on our sides as the sun was shining and compared to the day before it was a miracle! First up we all met in class at 9 the event was scheduled to start at 10 when I came in everyone was excited and raring to go, I was amazed at the amount of things people had so nicely donated etc for the tombola and raffle. We had a quick prep from Doug and Sharon then we were all ready to get started and start sorting stalls, this was quick and easy to do so it was just a matter of waiting for people to arrive. In the morning I had tried to add the people who had already paid to the Facebook page, which by the way was a major fail as I had tried to add them to my personal account (mortified tutors and all!!) so that did not go well. So there was some quick thinking to be done, we all spoke and decided that once the people came and paid we would then tell them the Facebook page and the people who had already paid where to be notified. We waited and waited, campus was dead and the people we did ask were too busy doing exams and remediation or simply they just didn't want to take part in our college cowboy. It was off putting as we had so many names at the pre-registration event and even they people never turned up it was frustrating to say the very least. We never let that get our spirits down though and continued to chat to people walking past and managed to haggle 2 lovely people to take part, do not get me wrong although people were not wanting to play there was so many people that donated money to the cause which was lovely. It was just after 10 and we had 2 players, so we started to upload the clues onto the Facebook page Sandra and I. I'm so glad that the pictures were done before hand because if we didn't we sure as heck weren't managing to take pictures and get to the next location quickly without being caught, and with us only having 2 players it would have been extremely difficult. The clues were uploading onto the page up until 11.30 and although in the end there was only one player left, he was determined not to give up. So just before 12.00pm we decided the final clue was to be uploaded and the winner could come and find the "Cowboy" Sandra and be given there gift. Sandra and I sneaked away and Sandra got dressed into the outfit and I would upload the final clue, we waited for around 5 minutes before Kieran found us. He was given his gift and I took a picture of him and Sandra so this could be uploaded on to the page to let others know the cowboy was found, even though no one else was playing anymore! The end of the event and what a great feeling that was, although there wasn't loads of people that took part in our stall there was still people involved in the other stalls and a decent amount of money was raised for a great cause. I really enjoyed this experience and getting the pleasure of working along side some lovely level 4s this truly was a beneficial unit 😊
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment